Greenway Academy – Classroom Teacher Job Description
- Under the direction of the Principal, the teacher will lead the instruction and training of scholars in his or her classroom and/or assigned grade level(s). The Teacher will work closely with scholars, parents, and school administration to ensure that academic success and Islamic character development are achieved by all scholars in the classroom.
- Establish a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment where all scholars are invested in their academic excellence and Islamic character growth and can fulfill their potential
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans as part of the long-range educational and organizational goals
- Employ a variety of creative, differentiated, and research-based instructional strategies that ensure students are actively engaged in meaningful and rigorous learning experiences
- Conduct interim assessments, track student progress, and perform regular data analysis to determine student mastery and diagnose areas of misunderstanding
- Apply classroom management techniques and appropriate scholar corrections and disciplinary actions
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, student achievement data, grades, progress reports, parent communication, text books, etc.
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle
- Provide reasonable vigilance for the physical safety and well-being of scholars while on campus or off-campus for school functions
- Evaluate individual scholar academic progress through regular and varied assessments
- Assume responsibility for scholar success by holding all scholars accountable to school-wide behavioral expectations
- Recognize, celebrate and reward scholar achievement and character development
- Build rapport with scholars, parents, and families
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities
- Actively and professionally participate in all faculty and staff meetings, professional development, and events
- Teach, lead, or assist with educational or extracurricular activities outside of regular school hours
- Assist with scholar recruitment efforts as needed
- Perform other duties as requested or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent required
- State Teacher Certification or meet Highly Qualified Requirements for the teaching area assigned
- If Highly Qualified, passed applicable AEPA/NES Subject Knowledge exam prior to first day of employment, and applicable AEPA/NES Professional Knowledge exam; within 30 calendar days from start date or prior to the first day of school if hired by July 1
- Successfully complete the SEI endorsement completion course
- At least 1-3 years of teaching experience, Islamic experience a plus
- Experience working with students and families in Islamic communities
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with school teaching platforms and technology for virtual learning
- Proven track record of student achievement results
Qualifications for Islamic Studies Teacher (additional to the teacher requirements above)
- Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies or relevant subject matter.
- Preferable teaching experience.
- If bachelor’s degree is in other fields, a traditional ijazah (traditional license) from a reputable Islamic institution or a reputable scholar is required.
- Flexible to teach elementary, middle, and high school level.
Qualifications for Arabic Teacher (additional to the teacher requirements above):
- Bachelor’s in Arabic
- Relevant teaching experience